Monday, September 8, 2008

Gospel Night at Hotel Cafe

Just got home from Brother Sal and Laura Jansen's "Gospel Night" at Hotel Cafe. The show was beyond amazing - completely inspiring and brought me back to my days at church camp. Fun Fact for the Day: If you didn't know, I used to lead campfires at church camp and my parents used to be ministers. ;) It was one of my biggest experiences growing up…

So after the show, I pull into the driveway with my friend Aida and share with her about it. I had to walk away b/c I didn't believe in organized religion anymore and the boundaries and separation I feel it creates between people. At this point I don't identify with anything that creates any kind of separation – labels, religions, sometimes even gender ;) Really – we're all the same, except when we say we're not. And even then, we still are – we just forgot we are.

I had no idea this was all brewing under the surface and I certainly had no idea I would be tearing up in my driveway or writing an extremely personal blog after "Gospel Night" at Hotel. But there it was and I surely did and I feel like I can finally put it to rest and enjoy these songs again with absolute freedom. Yes, I will be singing with em at the next Gospel Night and fillllled with anticipation. ;)

Night,
Tiff

No comments: