Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vote NO on Proposition 8

I need to ask for your help. There is an unfair ballot proposition that, if passed, will take away fundamental rights. This is really important to me. Will you help me defeat Prop. 8?

Prop. 8 would eliminate the right to marry for same-sex couples. I trust you agree that eliminating fundamental rights - from anyone - is unnecessary and a step backwards in our evolution.

I hope you are already planning to vote NO. But just in case you're unsure, I want you to know the real deal.

Virtually every major paper in California is against Prop 8. The L.A. Times says it is "a drastic step to strip people of rights." La OpiniĆ³n called Prop 8 "an unnecessary initiative". The San Diego Union Tribune wrote that Prop 8 "offends many Californians' sense of fairness."

If that doesn't convince you, I hope you'll email me so we can talk about this.

If you plan to vote NO, there are a few easy things to help ensure it is defeated.

1. Tell everyone you know to vote NO. Send them a message at http://ping.fm/wArSQ It is really easy!
2. Make a donation. The other side has raised over $10 million more than us. They are using their war chest to spread lies and misinformation. Your donation will help us reach undecided voters who need to hear that Prop. 8 is wrong and unfair. http://ping.fm/eQWKl
3. Volunteer your time. Sign up to call undecided voters or help out in field offices across the state. http://ping.fm/29pjd

Thank you for doing all you can to defeat Prop. 8.
Tiff Randol

No comments: