Thursday, August 14, 2008

Passing

I just found out that a girl I know passed away two days ago in her sleep while on vacation with her family. She was 29, successful and absolutely stunning. We don't know yet why she died, but I suppose it doesn't really matter - just like that, for no reason at all, she passed and that's how it goes. I have knots in my stomach. I remember nothing but lovely things about her and it just seems so tragic.

I spoke with another friend of mine who was very close to her and he said "I remember all those times we stressed about exams and the right college and the right law school. I regret that. I wish those moments were spent having fun and enjoying life." We never know when our last moment will be and we waste so much time worrying about the future and forget to enjoy each moment we are alive until its too late.

"Waste not, want not".

No comments: