Friday, August 1, 2008

Don't seek the truth, cease to cherish opinions

My friend Pesci asked me yesterday if i consider myself enlightened. We were joking around, but I thought about it this morning as I was walking down the street to order my latest addiction (decaf, non-fat venti latte;) lol. So...What I concluded is that I am more so than I was yesterday and enlightened enough to know that I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground.

We are very funny, human beings... We so love to define and label ourselves, even when we're being rebellious and "anti" something, we think we're doing the opposite of labeling and we're actually just labeling ourselves "opposite of that". It's so silly and what's the point really? You label yourself and every one else that meets you labels you. Every single one is an opinion and they are all different ones because every point of view is slightly different. We are simply a bunch of crazy people trying to define the undefinable. Trying to explain and understand the unexplainable. Let it go.

A Zen saying - "Don't seek the truth, cease to cherish opinions."

No comments: