Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Be afraid and act anyway.

fall into winter is an interesting time of year. my mood always seems to change with the weather. this week its been moody and a little gray, but calm.

I’ve been in the mode of assessing what I’ve done, where I am, what I’m doing next. Each year its the same cycle. Fall is when I look around at everything; Winter I become reclusive and creative. I write, read, paint, and stare at the snow and stars.

This is the first time I’m away from the east coast and single; you think I’d be feeling lonely, but I am exhilarated. I feel like I am on the edge of something extraordinary and terrifying. I let go of a lot this year and feel like I jumped off a cliff. Life is uncertain and nothing what it seems, but I’m clear that life isn’t worth living without risks. They say that bravery is being afraid and acting anyway. I love that. If we are too afraid to follow our passion, something inside us is dead. Passion is what makes us alive gives us freedom. My resolution for the rest of the year is to be passionate about everything I do and do nothing I feel dispassionate about.

No comments: